Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New version - can't make my mind up!

3 posters

Go down

New version - can't make my mind up! Empty New version - can't make my mind up!

Post  wardie Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 am

bACK - Enright, Goddard, Hunt, Malceski, Shaw, Hodge, Waite (A Silvani, P Davis)

Mid - GAJ, Swan, A.Walker, Trengrove, Martin, Barlow (L.Jetta, bastanic)

Ruck - Sandi, Luenberger (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forward - Roo, ROK, Pav, Gia, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebel (Rockliff, D. Stewart)

$36,400 in bank

Ok please let me know what the problems here are - I know WAITE may battle as well as some of the rookie mids may need to be changed. I have decided to go with the expensive SWAN just because my mids may not score as heavily as others but i think my backs and forwards may make up for that.

Only thing i am comtemplating is downgrade of SWAN to a COONEY type and use the $$ to upgrade in rucks as well as one of my other mids.

Any suggestions appreciated boys!

wardie

Back to top Go down

New version - can't make my mind up! Empty Re: New version - can't make my mind up!

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 am

Dont like Waite, He has two issues: Injury concern + not sure on his role. I would change him to Kenelly and just keep an eye on Waite through the year.

Don't like Walker. Not sure who to change to.

Don't like Luenberger as 2nd ruck.

Possible changes:

Waite down to B.Waters. Giving you an extra $250K + your $35k = $285k

Upgrade Walker to Cooney.

Downgrade Hall, Dangerfield or Ziebell to a rookie and use that cash to upgrade Luenberger to Kruezer or someone similar.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

New version - can't make my mind up! Empty Re: New version - can't make my mind up!

Post  bonnie doon thirds Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 am

The other option is to do the Waite down to Kenelly. Upgrade Walker to Cooney if you can then afford it.

Replace Giansiracusa with Tippet so you have MPP coverage for your rucks in case Luen goes down or does not perform....
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 am

Really like your thinking Donnie doon, Waite is a gamble so him to kenelly or a smiliar type might just be the go along with GIA to TIPPET which hopefully will allow me to get COONEY into the mids. I like WALKER however i don't think he has even played a practice game as yet.

WATERS is an interesting suggestion but i don't think he will be able to play consistantly enough to be a strater as he is listed as sore again after last weeks game.

I really want to keep LUENBERGER as i think he is great value and will be different to a lot of others who will go for the more expensive ruck combo. by getting TIPPET i have some coverage there which is great!

Thanks for the feedback!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:09 am

No worries mate. Post your team up again once you make changes.

I only suggest Waters as he is highly likely to play a lot of games and he is cheap. He will free up some cash to ramp up another premium elsewhere.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

bACK - Enright, Goddard, Hunt, Malceski, Shaw, Hodge, Kenelly (A Silvani, P Davis)

Mid - GAJ, cooney , Masten , Trengrove, Martin, Barlow (L.Jetta, bastanic)

Ruck - Sandi, Tippet (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forward - Roo, ROK, Pav, Gia, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebel (Rockliff, D. Stewart)

This is what i was able to come up with after your suggestions guys.

SWAN - Cooney
WALKER - Masten
LUENBERGER - Tippet
WAITE - Kenelly (not sold on him but noone else looks any good there only other player i would consider is HAYDEN or WATERS and upgrade a mid with the change left over)

Got $35k in bank. Some of my reserve players need playing with and would also consider include BURGOYNE should be play 1 at the expense of MASTEN.

Thoughts on how we are looking now?

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pearman Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 pm

If waite has recovered from injury, I wouldn't hesitate. But thats the only question, if he has recovered? I wouldn't say his role would effect his scoring, with fev gone, back or forward hes an absolute star.
Pearman
Pearman

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Wardie: I love it, The team is looking much more balanced and could be powerful. There are a couple of players with question marks (Malceski, Masten, Hall) but overall its a solid team. DEF, RUCK and FWD are all very strong with the MIDs weakened by 3 rookies but thats ok they should still score reasonably well. Due to the strength of your other positions you will be able to focus your trades on the MID throughout the year and thats where the gun rookies are and it is also where you get the best premiums at low prices mid year.

Good work.

Pearman: Regarding Waite, He has always scored a lot higher and more consistently playing the sweeping role down back. If used as a key forward he will still get some big scores but not as regularly, Couple this with his injury issues and it does not make him a lock imo. High risk / reward though.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 am

I think the team is a lot more settled now, You guys are right on with WAITE i will not hesitate to get him if he is named round 1 probably at the expense of ROK i am thinking, basically because i want to get one of HUNT, MAL or KENELLY out of the back half and add one more solid contributor to that backline.

By doing this is will save me 170k and possible allow me to get a more consistant backline player as well as possible improve on one of my midfield rookies.

Amost got the team to a position where i am happy with, Only player i am not sure about are HALL, KENELLY, TRENGROVE and a few of the rookies which will obviously change come round 1 eve.

This is a great forum with very knowledgable people and we all appreciate the help!

Cheers boys!

wardie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down