Damo's team

Go down

Damo's team

Post  Damo on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 am

2nd go at this for the year. I'm not sure on the rookies as yet but we'll see who lines up in Rd 1.

Def: Drummond, Enright, Fisher, Hodge, Kennelly, Schoenmakers, Gillies (Sheppard, Maguire)

Mids: GAJ, Cooney, Ward, Cotchin, Trengove, Martin (Barlow, Morabito)

Rucks: Sandi, Hille (Charman, Warnock)

Fwd: Riewoldt, Didak, Harvey, Petrie, Murphy, Polkinghorne, Macaffer (Rockliff, Gumby)

My thoughts are:

1. I've only got 80k in the bank and I'm not sure if this is enough.
2. Ward and Cotchin in the mids, I doubt both of them will be keepers (although as a Tiger I'm hoping this will be Cotchin's breakout year) so I'm wondering if it's worth downgrading one to another rookie and upgradng the other to a premium.
3. Again, is it worth bring in another rookie forward to get a another premium (e.g Goodes)?

Any thoughts/comments/criticisms greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Damo

Damo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Damo's team

Post  bonnie doon thirds on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 am

Dont get too concerned with saving money. Spend it all is my motto, you dont get interest for it.

Although the team is quite solid i worry that you have too many "hopefuls" and not enough guaranteed stars.

Your guns are these guys imo: Enright, Fisher, Hodge, GAJ, Sandi, Riewoldt.

These guys are expensive and have performed in the past but they may not have the scoring capability this year for several reasons: Drummond, Cooney, Didak, Harvey, Petrie. Individually they are good but i think 5 is too many.

Then there are the hopefuls that may turn into a keeper: Kennelly, Schoenmakers, Ward, Cotchin, Hille, Murphy, Polkinghorne.

Like i said its a strong team but i would make some changes to get a couple more premiums in.
bonnie doon thirds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linkster on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 am

pretty sure Petrie got 2 weeks suspension to serve out affraid
Linkster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 am

Linkster wrote:pretty sure Petrie got 2 weeks suspension to serve out affraid

i thought it was 3.

so jump off
fatcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks guys, especially for the reminder about Petrie. I've reworked the mids and fwds to try and get some more premiums in. The new line-up is now:

Def: Drummond, Enright, Fisher, Hodge, Kennelly, Schoenmakers, Gillies (Sheppard, Maguire)

Mids: GAJ, Boyd, Pav, Cotchin, Trengove, Martin (Jetta, Morabito)

Rucks: Sandi, Hille (Charman, Warnock)

Fwd: Riewoldt, Goodes, Harvey, Higgins, Wonaemirri, Polkinghorne, Macaffer (Rockliff, Gumby)

Damo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:32 am

pretty good overall team.

wona and macaffer might be good if they play. don't know much about wona but i don't think macaffer will get much game time this year. the pies have a good midfield and will move davis or didak up forward for a crumbing role. macaffer i don't see can fit in now.

gillies i don't see featuring in the cats team every week. maybe if one of their defenders go down he will get a call up.

i don't really care about the MPP rule so i will suggest moving pav up forward and replacing macaffer with a rookie or 250k mid. but thats just me.
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 am

definalty PAV forward and get a cheaper mid in there such as WALKER/BARLOW and maybe change MONA who i think is still not training at full speed to a MAYNE type of player who should improve and will definatly play more than Mcaffer.

wardie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks guys. I made some more changes just after posting and Macaffer was the first cut. The team as it now stands (I've gotta stop looking at it or I'll just make changes each day for the next 3 weeks!):

Def: Goddard, Enright, Fisher, Hodge, Kennelly, Schoenmakers, Gillies (Sheppard, Maguire)

Mids: GAJ, Selwood, Boyd, Trengove, Martin, Jetta (Barlow, Shuey)

Rucks: Sandi, Hille (Lobbe, Warnock)

Fwd: Riewoldt, Goodes, Pav, Harvey, Tippett, Polkinghorne, Rockliff (Podsiadilly, Gumby)

Leaves me with $44k in the bank. I might have a play around with the cheaper defenders but I think it's starting to take shape slowly!

Cheers,

Damo

Damo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:27 am

drop goodes for a Higgins or gian(can't be bothered looking up how to spell the rest of his name) and upgrade gillies - don't think he will get a game.

Also you won't be starting Jetta on the field - shuey and barlow more likely.

Rockliff will be one to see if he's named. not sure he will yet
fatcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wardie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 am

Unless you like Shoenmakers for a reason i would look at HUNT or MALCESKI for him, these two are likley to score a lot more heavily as they don't play the defensive role that shoenmakers will be playing.

other than that mids look good these names will probably be the same ones that most of us have.

Forwards look good also

wardie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:13 am

agree with fatcat about goodes. usually starts slow and might take longer as he will play more of a FF role this year alongside bradshaw.

a note on shoey is that he will play an offensive half back role. he is the hawks most attacking player and will replace croad at half back. won't play the same role as last year.

now boyd is no longer my unique pick Sad
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down