Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megatron...

+2
Dom
megatron
6 posters

Go down

Megatron... Empty Megatron...

Post  megatron Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am

Mornin lads,

First time poster, etc, etc,

After several failed seasons of Supercoach i thought i'd ask the wise on the boards for some help and suggestions. My team (below) is a work in progress and has changed many many times and will no doubt change again....

Backs...
Goddard - H.Shaw - Hodge - Adcock - Gilbee - Kennelly - Ladson
bench: Schoenmaker & Maguire

Mids...
Ablett - Dal Santo - Goodes - Cooney - Scully - Trengrove
bench: Martin & Morabito

Ruck...
Kreuzer - Naitanui
bench: Lobbe & J.Trengrove

Fwds...
Pavlich - Franklin - Tippet - Dangerfield - M.Williams - Wonaemirri - Gumbleton
Bench: Dennis-Lane & Podsiadly

$22,000 in the kitty.

Thoughts...
Ladson has been in and out for Hunt but a little birdie tells me Hunt may have a difficult season off the field.
Fwds are a bit weak as ive loaded the backline.
i have for the first time ever broken my 'no pies' rule with the inclusion of Shaw.
Maguire is a cash cow.

Any help or critisism welcome...

Cheers,

Megatron.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Megatron... Empty Re: Megatron...

Post  Dom Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Hey Megatron,
pretty good team.
backs are very strong. schoey a little expensive to put on the bench. could save anywhere from 50k (brad sheppard looking good) - 100k for a rookie like p. davis or j. trengove instead.
like the mids. if you dont mind skipping on the MPP rule this year, you could move goodes to the forward line to strengthen it and getting a mid pricer mid like mcveigh or masten in his place. really strong bench. another idea is to maybe downgrade one or put one on field to save you cash. got good 100k rookies who will likely play aswell (banner, bastinac, jetta).
rucks are cheap and could prove pretty good.
forwards as you said were pretty weak. could do the goodes move or just downgrade some other guys and upgrade either wona or gumby.

P.S if you want to continue your "no pies" rule maybe look at fisher or rhyce shaw around heath's price.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater of pear Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 am

Hey Megatron first up nice team but I feel that you would benefit from having 3 premiums in your mids and 3 first years especially with your midfield bench. This would still allow plenty of quality but also money to really fix your forward line up. Nice rucks, I kind of really want him because I love watching the kid play very exciting to watch but I feel next year is his year.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Nice team - strong.
I'd take Schoenmakers off the bench though.

I think you'd benefit from utilising the rookies in the mids - this is where you'll find most of the cows this year.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 am

Cheers for the feedback, the tweaking will continue.

may downgrade a back, bring in Shoey from the bench. a few hawk mates really rate him and with the hawks looking set for a big year he'll def get game time. i'll also move goodes to the forward like as suggested by Dom. i'll post the update later.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am

Update...

Backs...
Goddard - Schoenmaker - Hodge - Adcock - Gilbee - Kennelly - Ladson
bench: Henderson & Maguire

Mids...
Ablett - Dal Santo - Gibbs - Cooney - Scully - Trengrove
bench: Martin & Morabito

Ruck...
Kreuzer - Naitanui
bench: Lobbe & Warnock

Fwds...
Pavlich - Franklin - Tippet - Dangerfield - M.Williams - Goodes - Gumbleton
Bench: Dennis-Lane & Podsiadly

A few changes, namely Goodes to the fowards at the expence of Wonemirri, Gibbs replaces Goodes in the midfield, and in keeping with my 'no pies' rule Shaw has been dumped, Schoenmaker off the bench and J.Trengrove moves from ruck bench to defence bench. Warnock now fills the vacant ruch bench spot.

Apologies to the pie fans but as a bomber fan i really struggle with concept of hoping a player, any player, does well at Collingwood. Smile

Coments welcome...

M.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:01 am

version 2,657....

B - Goddard, Hodge, Gilbee, Atkinson, Kennelly, Suban, Schoenmakers, (Maguire, Davies)
M - GAJ, Dal Santo, Selwood, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin, (Morabito, Bastinac)
R - Sandilands, Naitanui, (Warnock, Lobbe)
F - Goodes, Pav, Buddy, Tippett, Dangermouse, Williams, Gumby, (Pods, Dennis-Lane)

$20,700 in the kitty.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:42 am

Very nice team.

The main concern for me is Mark Williams. I'm a bomber however i don't think we will be overly strong this year meaning Willow will have limited supply. Add this to the fact that he will take a very strong defender due too Essendon's lack of forward line strength meaning he will get smashed. I would change him for Ziebell. Only a suggestion though as Willow could be worth the risk.

Overall its a quality team.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 am

cheers Bonnie Doon. i actually had Zeibell in one of the many teams, as well as Polkinghorne & Staker, filling the Williams spot. will alter and swap willo for jack. thanks for the imput.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 am

Update - Thoughts and critisism welcome...

B. Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Hooker, Kennelly, Ladson, Schoenmakers, (Maguire*, M.Davies*)
M. Ablett, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin, (Morabito, Bastinac)
R. Sandilands, Naitanui, (Warnock, Skipper)
F. Riewoldt, Pav, Buddy, Murphy, Dangerfield, Zeibell, Rockliff, (Gumby*, Dennis-Lane*)

*subject to change as the season gets closer.

$69,700 to play with.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm

love it. there are a couple of risks there but every team has risks. Great team.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 am

OK, firstly massive thanks for all the feedback regarding my inept initial selections. When I look at the first team I put up it becomes pretty obvious why I have been ordinary at SC for years.
So, drum roll please........................

The final* team is as follows as TBH I'm sick and tired of contiually changing it and sitting here with a bloody calculator trying to work out if/how I can fit various players into ever changing combinations.

[i]* team subject to change [i]

B - Goddard, Enright, Hodge(vc), Waite, Kennelly, Hunt, Sheppard, (Maguire, Webberley)
M - Ablett(c), Dal Santo, Mitchell, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin, (Morabito, Bastinac)
R - Sandilands, Naitanui, (Warnock, Skipper)
F - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Zeibell, Gumby (Rockliff, Hitchcock)

Comments welcome.

...and no i can't be in your league Charlo as I'm in 3 already. Sorry.

Kind regards,

M.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 am

Very nice Megatron i like it. Keep an eye on Sheppard as he may not get a game early but Beau Waters would be an ideal substitute for Sheppard if he does not get picked. Everything else looks great but i would have Rockliff and Hitchcock on the ground over Gumbleton for the first few rounds just to make sure Gumby gets through. A lot of people are off Gumby but at $100k he is definitely worth the risk of sitting him on the bench.
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 am

Cheers BD3rds, I appreciate your conerns re Gumby but i guess its possibly my misplaced hope that the lad can tear it up and prove why he was a #2 selection that i have him in my starting 18. As for Sheppard, well... I've chopped and changed the 7th fwd spot so often that i just settled on him, there's every chance that'll change. As it is I've just changed the bench mids, Bastinac out for Barlow, which left me with a cool crisp $100 in the kitty!!! Nothin like cutting it fine.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:11 am

back to the drawing board... Skipper out for 6-8 weeks. Just when I think I was done SC draws me back in.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 am

Final, (unless persuasive arguments are made)...

B - Goddard, Enright, Hodge(vc), Gilbee, Kennelly, Hooker, Waters, (Maguire, Nason)
M - Ablett(c), M.Murphy, Cooney, Dangerfield, Trengrove, Barlow, (Morabito, Martin)
R - Sandilands, Naitanui, (Warnock, Lobbe)
F - Riewoldt, ROK, Franklin, Tippett, R.Murphy, Zeibell, Gumby (Rockliff, Hitchcock)

$4,200 in the kitty.

M.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:09 am

my thoughts are

you've only got between 11-12 keepers and couple of maybe keepers, not really enough. This is as a result of your mid price strategy.

I would look at changing hooker for hunt or ladson and save your $

then upgrade murphy for someone else. THink martin is a waste on the bench and downgrade morobito to a bastanic or shuey and save some more $ its too much money on the pine mate.

just my thoughts
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

Downgrade dangerfield to palmer and then swap murphy for hall.

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks for your coments Fatcat & Charlo.

Dont mind the Hooker > Hunt (my jury is out on Ladson), I'll consider. However as a Bomber fan i can tell you the boy is good, very good. Moribito > Bastinac, yes agree re $ better spent elesewhere. Regarding M.Murphy, I've got a feeling the boy is about to explode ala Judd, Cuz, Kerr of years past. Martin on the bench is a keeper who will only increase in value and will either be a keeper (Rich 09) or an upgrade later in the season. In fact that goes for my 4 mids of Trengove, Barlow, Morabito (alter to Bastinac?) and the afor metioned Martin. There has been a lot of talk about the 3 v's 2 starting rookies so I've gone 1/2 way with Dangermouse in there (also MMP)....

Not a fan of Hall (yet), lets see after a few rounds and 'if' his form is strong, then yes I agree Hall comes in. R.Murphy for me is a keeper. And I dont rate Palmer.

By my count (all subjective) I've got about 13-15 keepers and approx. 6-9 really genuine 'bloomers'.

I'll take all onboard and have a think, although the clock is ticking.

May post tomorrow with update.

Cheers,

M.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 pm

hey mate,

didn't mean M Murphy was talking about getting rid of R murphy he'll get injured again this year guaranteed. maybe medhurst or put danger in the fwd line for him

as for m murphy have no real issues with him but would argue that with a interrupted pre season i think his breakouts was last year, and possibly next, will be eased into it early as far as game time goes. However he is a gun that should be good by season end. He's one of my upgrade targets when he drops in value by round 7-8 due to interrupted pre season.

yes good players can get by without big pre seasons however this is usually the domain of guys who have been playing 6 years or more - aka ablett, black etc. younger guys need that pre season in them.

no doubt hooker is a good player but at almost 400K you'd want him to be a keeper and i don't think he's there yet however i could be wrong. However he's still a CHB and not too many of those guys score big. I had heard he was playing loose man in pre season however think that was more of a chance for essendon to test out others. Come start of season reckon he will be back marking the key forwards.

i wouldn't touch palmer either esp since he won't be there until round 7 or 8 not sure what charlo is smoking.

just remember anyone over about $360K or so you really want them to be there at the end of the year as they're a bit exy to be blowing a trade on. Just think there are better options than danger. THink masten, mcveigh may be better options. yes mcveigh out for round one but you have plenty of cover on the bench.

by no means bad choices just food for thought. also you will want a bit more cash free at the start. I try to keep at least 100K free so I can grab a good opportunity when it comes and not miss out when i fall short of cash
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks for all the advice over the past weeks to those that have thrown their 2 cents into this thread.

I've taken it all onboard and revised and re-visited the team many many many times, here is the FINAL team...

B. Goddard, Enright, Hodge (vc), Adcock, Gilbee, Hunt, Schoenmakers, (Maguire, Nason)
M. Ablett (c), Mitchell, O'Keefe, Cooney, Trengove, Martin, (Barlow, Bastinac)
R. Sandilands, Naitanui, (Warnock, Lobbe)
F. Riewoldt, Tippett, R.Murphy, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Gumbleton, Buddy, (Roberts, Hitchcock)

$13,700 in the kitty

*Will now move Buddy to the bench and bring in Roberts. (nearly forgot)

Emerg have been named, captain & VC named. I got burnt last year when SC crashed nearing the lockout.

Good luck to all.

M.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm

The journey continues...

Rnd 1 score 2122
Rnd 2 score 2284

After Rnd 2...
Trades - Outs: Adcock & Tippett / Ins: Malceski & JB

Current side...
B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Hunt, Malceski, Shoenmakers (Maguire, Nason)
M: GAJ, ROK, Cooney, Mitchell, Barlow, Martin, (Bastinac, Trengrove)
R: Sandi, Nicnat, (Warnock, Lobbe)
F: Riewoldt, JB, Murphy, Buddy, Dangermouse, Zeibel, Gumby, (Hitchcock, Roberts)

Kitty, $104,600
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 am

surely those are hypothetical trades megatron!!!! Surely you haven't made them just yet!!!

you never trade before teams are made!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough.

what if malceski did a knee at training today and wasn't named in the team? A wasted trade is what happens. They were no means bad trades (although not sure about the adcock one - unlike Tippett his low soring had only bee the result of injury not bad form and you should only trade a prem for an LTI - he had 12 possies in the first qtr last week)
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 am

Can't agree more with FC.
NEVER, EVER trade before teams are named.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  megatron Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am

OK, it wont happen again.
megatron
megatron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content