My All Australian Team

Back: Nathan Bock, Simon Prestigiacamo, Paul Duffield

Half Back: Brendan Goddard, Matthew Scarlett, Sam Gilbert

Center: Leigh Montagna, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood

Half Fwd: Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Leon Davis

Fwd: Steve Johnson, Johnathon Brown, Ryan O'Keefe

Followers: Aaron Sandilands, Gary Ablett, Chris Judd

Bench: Darren Jolly, Nick Dal Santo, Simon Goodwin, Aaron Davey

Unlucky : Brian Lake, Hamish MacIntosh, Brendon Fevola, Matthew Pavlich, Marc Murphy, Josh Drummond

Thoughts?
Kosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My All Australian Team

Post  Nuffman on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Personally I feel that you can't really play Scarlett and Presti in teh same team.. both, I feel, are somewhat out of their depth outside the Def50.

I'd say choose one and stick Drummo in at CHB

Other than that a very solid team.

only iffy's I feel would be Davey and Davis.

Davey is good in a crap team, not hard.
Davis has struggled as of late, due to the fact people are noticing him. Ala Didak

Nuffman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:33 am

I agree, you can not have Presti & Scarlett in the same team. Bock to centre half back, Either Scarlett or Brian Lake at full back. Whilst Presti has had a great season he does not offer the same rebound as Scarlett & Lake which in modern day footy is required by the full back. Drummond to the back pocket.Lenny Hayes included on the bench in place of Davey. Rest of the team just about right on the money.
Dav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 am

I was going to start this post over the weekend but Kosta you saved me some time.
I reckon the team is almost spot on but Duffield and Gilbert (both having a great year) would probably not make it. i reckon drummond will make it into the team in place of one of them (likely on the half back flank). Lake might actually make it in with a few good weeks recently. i also think Marc Murphy would get on the bench instead of goodwin. Hayes switch with davey was going to be me other one. Somehow didak will be in the team either at half forward or forward pocket.

Last edited by ....... on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am

the only reason why I don't think Drummond will make it is because of his long injury that he had and I think that Duffield has been if not the best rebounding defender in the game so I think he will make it. I went with Presti because he has had only 1 bad game all year with buddy kicking 5 on him and he has been solid all year. I think if they go by how many guys he has beaten and not stats Presti will make it. I put Aaron Davey because he has been by far the best player in a shocking team and he is a great leader and I think he will just make it, hence why he is on the bench. I put Marc Murphy as unlucky to miss because I think all the midfielders in the team are better than murphy this season so he is very unlucky!
Kosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayman24 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 am

B:G.Broughton (Frem) M.Scarlett (Geel) C.Newman (Rich)

HB: P.Duffield (Frem) J.Drummond (Bris) T.Lockyer (Coll)

C: B.Goddard (Stk) D.Cassisi (P.A) L.Montagna (Stk)

HF: R.O'Keefe (Syd) J.Brown (Bris) B.Johnson (W.B)

F: P.Chapman (Geel) N.Riewoldt (Stk) A.Didak (Coll)

Foll: A.Sandilands (Frem) G.Ablett (Geel) C.Judd (Carl)

Int: A.Goodes (Syd) D.Swan (Coll) S.Gilbert (Stk) J.Selwood (Geel)

Unlucky: A.Davey (Melb) L.Davis (Coll) S.Fisher (Stk) B.Lake (W.B) M.Boyd (W.B) J.Bartel (Geel) S.Presti (Coll) M.Murphy (Carl) B.Gibbs (Carl) J.Corey (Geel) C.Enright (Geel)

Lucky: B.Johnson (W.B) S.Gilbert (Stk) A.Goodes (Syd) J.Selwood (Geel) R.O'Keefe (Syd) D.Cassisi (P.A) C.Newman (Rich) G.Broughton (Frem)

So there is my team wat do u guys think

Jayman24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 am

Lol Jayman that is a shocking team and no where near an AA team. It seams like you constructed your supercoach team and didnt think about AA team. Ill start with Broughton. He will never make it in his first year and Cassisi won't make it with midfielders like Ablett, Selwood, Swan, Bartel, Montagna or even Dal Santo. There are much better players this year than Cassisi. And to put Swan and Selwood on the bench is a joke, they deserve to be on the field as Swan has been if not the best midfielder in the comp and Selwood only just behind. Brad Johnson also won't make it too!
Kosta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayman24 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah i know it is pretty crap i did it in 5 mins lol sorry

Jayman24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content