Super Roach Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supported teams

+9
fatcat
The Roach
Nuffman
The Wulf
tony8210
Dav
Kosta
Defeater of pear
mattybomb22
13 posters

Go down

Supported teams Empty Supported teams

Post  mattybomb22 Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 am

Hi guys,
I thought I'd just start up a topic on which teams everyone supports.
I personally am a huge Brissy Lions supporter and I dislike the magpies and Swans.
Anyone else?
mattybomb22
mattybomb22

Back to top Go down

Supported teams Empty Re: Supported teams

Post  Defeater of pear Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 am

Doggies fan, don't dislike any other team really. Hawthorn annoy me though.
Defeater of pear
Defeater of pear

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosta Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 am

you probably would of guessed already by my cousins picture but for those who still dont know, i go for the mighty tigers
Kosta
Kosta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 am

Eagles supporter myself, Tigers being my 2nd team( was a tigers fan when it was VFL) & now tigers have Cuz I follow them even more! Been a tough year though Mad Teams I dislike are Collingwood ( doesn't everyone who isn't a pies supporter), Swans ( big rival v WCE this decade) & Port ( just plain feral).
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Crows for me as you could probably tell from the shot of my son with Macca, and obviously dislike the Power Laughing
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Massive Saints fan member for 20 years! Hate cats and pies so much.
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuffman Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Bombers through and through!

Come from a family of Pie supporters, but have converted some!

Nuffman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Roachie is a massive saints supporter and has been through many highs and lows. Has been a struggle at times supporting them but i can proudly say i've never given up on them. 1 premiership in there whole existence is really sad so i'm praying that this might be our year.

I'd have to agree with the wulf, as maybe it's just a saints thing but really hate the CATS! Just from all the crap we've coped from them, and remember back in 2004 we were a better team then we just fell away and they went on to win a flag. HEARTBREAKING! So overall hate the Cats and yes the PIES! Who doesn't haha

Cheers Guys

The Roach
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tony8210 Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Roach you's were the better team in 1997 as well Sad
tony8210
tony8210

Back to top Go down

Post  The Roach Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Don't remind me.... I'm almost CRYING hahaha!

As i said plenty of highs and lows.

You must of been loving 97!!!! As a crows man Wink
The Roach
The Roach
Admin

https://superroach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am

Lions for me, easy choice being up in Brissie. Am a fairly new full time follower of AFL (last 6-8 years or so) but am a sports nut. Come from a League and Rugby background but the only team i'm a member of is the lions, go to every game.

Dislike the pies a lot and also the swans a bit (still can't help bring over that league state of origin rivalry). Had the pleasure of my first time to the MCG (never been there before) being last weeks win by the hawks over the pies. Will be back in 2 weeks for the lions vs pies game, love that stadium and crowd!!

second favoured teams would have to be the eagles (my partner is a Perth girl) and the Doggies (like the way they play - fast and free flowing)
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnie doon thirds Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:23 am

Wow fatcat going to the "G" for the first time must have blown your mind!!

Do yourself a favour and head to Melbourne for ANZAC day next year and watch the Pies V Bombers, This match plus the first day of the boxing day test are the two best days at the MCG including Grand final day. Too many "non-supporters" on Grand final day and the atmosphere can't compete with 40,000 Bombers fans screaming "Ball" and 40,000 Pies fans screaming "He's fucking holding him".

Im a bomber fan but i just love footy, Love watching great players like Ablett, Judd, Buddy, Leon etc
bonnie doon thirds
bonnie doon thirds

Back to top Go down

Post  Dav Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:41 am

Concur with Bonnie re ANZAC day. Went to game this year & easily the best game atmosphere wise I have ever been to. Only other games I have been to the MCG were the 05 & 06 grand finals WCE v Swans - 2 great games, 1 good result though in 06 Smile As Bonnie said, the only disappointment for me at the grand finals was there are many people there just to say they have been to an AFL grand final so the passion & emotional involvement was lacking.

Last edited by Dav on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Dav
Dav

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:54 am

yeah it was pretty cool - even with 66,000 there it was good atmosphere. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Been to the Dome a few times now but the MCG was awesome!! Looking forward to the lions vs pies game in 2 weeks although i know the crowd won't be as good.

I'm definately thinking of Anzac day next year, my mate and i are talking about going down. Considering his business has a free 3 bdrm appt near the G off St Kilda road there's no reason not too. Think i'll wait on the GF until the lions make it again (might be waiting a bit there). Boxing day test may be ont he cards for this year but haven't looked who we're playing. Might wait till the next ashes down here.
fatcat
fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Wulf Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:07 pm

was at saints vs cats game this year at the dome and that was amazing. Best game i have been to i reckon the crowd was amazing.
The Wulf
The Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  clackerz Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:29 am

Bomber fan here.....
hate the blues - there's a big rivalry b/w mates (we're almost split down the middle of blues and bombers supporters). Always make it to blues v bombers games together and make a big day of it. Been great lately as we've had the wood over 'em!

I was a Saints supporter when I was a little tacker (my father is a saints supporter), but I saw the light early on in life and coverted to the red and black army.
Have a soft spot for the Saints though. The last time I watched them both play together was when we got smashed by the saints at the dome (gave them third spot for their % boost), the same night Harvs played his last game there, as well as a few of the bomber boys - very bitter sweet night. my Father was pumping the air tho'.
Both my boys are bombers fans and my eldest (6) is now starting to enjoy going along to the games - although he does still very much enjoy the local leagues so he can go out and kick the footy at the breaks.
clackerz
clackerz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm an essendon fan. i hate the hawks mainly because 3 of my family barrack for them (and i think they converted another member to the dark side). go to like 1 game a year which is the dons vs hawks game Crying or Very sad When i was young though went for the dogs and they are my second favourite team now. went to one of there games last year (a loss to hawks in the premlim finals).
P.S hawks suck this year proving last year was just a fluke.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Northgirl Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:55 am

As you guys might of realised by my name that I am a North Melbourne supporter. Have always been and will always be. It has been a pretty disappointing year for the boys. been to two matches this year and wasnt the best of matches. the north vs essendon one was alright coz we got the win Very Happy, but attended the richmond vs north last week which ended in a draw. There arent really any teams that i hate but there are teams that get on my nerves time to time, so i guess collingwood(of course), hawthorn and port adelaide(will never forget the 2007 preliminary final).
Northgirl
Northgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down